About Malawi University of Science and Technology (MUST) Department of Engineering
The Department of Engineering is one of the departments in the Malawi Institute of Technology. Our vision is to be a globally recognised engineering department with top 5 world ranking in the world and No. 1 ranking in Malawi and a centre of innovative designing and manufacturing.
In the Department of Engineering, we have a mission to:
- Teach advanced theoretical and practical engineering knowledge and skills useful for the local and international industry.
- Source funds for the university through short courses and other commercial activities such as design and manufacturing of developed products.
- Promote research and innovation among staff and students.
- Collaborate with local and international institutions in order to carry out advanced research, internship and dissemination programmes.
Areas of Focus
Our general areas of focus include the following:
- General engineering (mechanical, agricultural, electrical)
- Specialized engineering (biomedical, mineral processing, food processing, material engineering, etc.).