AFS 2017 Full Scholarship for South African Students in USA
The aim of the scholarship is to strengthen the bond between South Africa and USA.
AFS Intercultural Programs (or AFS, originally the American Field Service) is an international youth exchange organization. It consists of over 50 independent, not-for-profit organizations.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for secondary school students.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Full Scholarship Sponsored by the Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Programme and the Department of State.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are a South Africa resident.
- You were born between 01/01/2001 and 01/08/2003.
- You are enrolled in a secondary school at the time of application.
- Have the equivalent of a B average or better without failing grades (no grades below 50%)
- Have not yet completed more than 11 years of primary education nor received a high school matric certificate.
- You must be able to speak and understand English.
- You are able to complete a preliminary application and have a teacher complete the school recommendation and email them to AFS at admin.rsa-at-afs.org
- You have a valid passport, or are able to apply for one.
- You must be Open-Minded, Flexible and Independent
- Be able to transport yourself to the region closest to your city for the selection day. The three regions are Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
Nationality: South African applicants can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have the equivalent of a B average or better without failing grades.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be able to speak and understand English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Please submit this preliminary application with the attached school recommendation form and copies of your end of year reports cards to AFS at prog.admin.rsa-at-afs.org.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 25, 2017.