Acción contra el Hambre España Job Vacancy Closing September 2017
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The Action against Hunger network is looking for a SharePoint Technical Manager, for our offices in Madrid.
The general objective for this position is to provide full oversight, management of departments, and strategic leadership for the Action Against Hunger in Malawi. This is linked closely with representation, negotiation, and partnership building, with a primary focus on identifying and consolidating programming to fill the gaps in the sectors of intervention where Action Against Hunger can have the most positive impact for vulnerable communities in Malawi. The mission relies on the Country Director as the focal point for all endpoint decision making, for legal representation, and for negotiation and cooperation with government, donor, and other stakeholders.
- Objective 1: Strategy and Project Cycle Management
Designs, in coordination with his/her team, Desk Officer and HQ, ACF’s strategy of intervention in the country in line with ACF International Strategy. ACF’s Spain general strategy and the legal framework of the organization.
Monitors the political, socio-economic and humanitarian context and informs about it through specific minutes and/or ad hoc reports as appropriate
- Objective 2: Mission Management: Logistics, HR, and Finance, Team Management and Leadership
Oversees the Logistics and Administrative departments who has overall responsibility for the mission’s financial, administrative and logistics tasks.
The CD is responsible to ensure that ACF’s financial control and risk management procedures are being used and respected.
Coordinates and follows up on activity planning of all the mission’s Coordination Team members
Defines together with HQ and his/her team the organization chart of ACF Malawi mission
- Objective 3: Security Management
Together with the Log Department, assesses on a daily basis the security situation through active information gathering and monitoring
- Objective 4: External Relations
Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders, such as donors, authorities, international and local organizations, counterparts, beneficiaries, the press and other external actors related to ACF activities
- Objective 5: Government Representation and Compliance
Oversee and ensure the compliance of all internal processes for accountability and transparency to donors, stakeholders, and the government.
- University Degree in international relations, humanitarian development, social sciences, or other related field. Postgraduate degree in International Cooperation/Development (desirable)
- Knowledge of ACF sectors of work (Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture, WASH, or DRR)
- Minimum 5 years progressively in INGO management/coordination (Country Director level)
- Experience within ACF International network (mandatory)
- Familiarity with the social, cultural, political and economic context of Malawi/Southern Africa (desirable)
- Broad knowledge of humanitarian and development issues
- Knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning processes
- Experience of working in a highly competitive environment
- Tertiary knowledge of Action Against Hunger technical sectors and programming (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience with Kit Log, SAGA, Gespra, No Hunger Forum, and other internal tools (desirable)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Adaptability to and tolerance of stressful conditions and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Languages: English (Mandatory) Spanish, French, Local languages (chechewe) considered added value
- IT and specific systems: Full working knowledge of all Microsoft office applications (experience with Office 365 a plus)
- Position requires visits to offices in Blantyre, Chikwawa, and other locations as the mission expands. International mobility mandatory for regional meetings and HQ meetings
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
· Formal work contract: 12 months
· Base: Lilongwe.
· Salary: from 35.015,03 € to 43.415,03 € gross per year according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
· Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
· Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
· House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
· Travel costs to and from the mission.
· 25 working days of paid leave per year.
· Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
· Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
· Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger – Spain).