2017/2018 Diploma in Law Programme – Call for Applications
The Faculty of Law is inviting applications from eligible candidates to enrol in the Diploma in Law Programme in the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
2. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Only candidates who meet the first criteria AND any one of the subsequent criteria may apply for enrolment:
- At least 6 credits, including English, obtained in MSCE or its equivalent
- At least one year of systematic legal training in a recognised institution that trains legal personnel; or
- At least 2 years experience working in a department or organisation that engages in legal work, human rights activism, administrative law, commercial law or any other branch of the law; or
- Holds a Diploma with credit from the University of Malawi or a university recognised by the University of Malawi; or
- Holds a Degree from the University of Malawi or a university recognised by the University of Malawi.
3. COURSE STRUCTURE
- The programme duration is 24 months.
- The programme is non-residential and students are expected to arrange their own accommodation.
- Lectures, seminars and tutorials are delivered over two six week blocks per year. The blocks are separated by periods of up to two months, during which students are expected to complete various assignments.
4. TUITION FEE
The tuition fee for each student on this course is K950,000.00 per academic year, payable as one lump sum or in instalments. Payment in instalments will be permitted only if the amount of the first instalment is not less than K475,000.00.
All applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of MK15,000.00. The application fee must be deposited into the following bank account: Law and Development Unit, National Bank of Malawi, Zomba Branch, Account Number 297108. Applicants should enclose proof of their deposit, certified copies of relevant certificates and the application letter.
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for an entrance examination which will be held on a date to be announced. The Faculty will not acknowledge applications that do not meet the minimum criteria specified above.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Registrar, Chancellor College
Attention: The Coordinator,
Diploma in Law Programme
P O Box 280
The closing date for receiving applications is 27th January, 2017.