LUANAR : Scholarship opportunities for MSc studies at LUANAR
The faculty of Food and Human Sciences at LUANAR is inviting applications from motivated and suitably qualified persons for 16 scholarships in support of MSc studies in Human Nutrition or Food Science and Technology commencing in March 2017. The USAID funded two year scholarships are administered through World Learning – Malawi Scholarship Program.
Qualifications, competencies and desirable attributes
• Bachelor’s degree in related Sciences
• Admission letter for the relevant MSc program at LUANAR (if any, If not the candidate should apply for admission to start in March 2016, Applications are open)
• Outstanding undergraduate record
• Self-motivated and creative
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, internet)
• Good communication and analytical skills
• A high degree of personal integrity
Conditions of the scholarship
• Candidates should be committed to strictly undertake their studies within the specified 2 year period.
• Students will be required to remain on campus fulltime, an attendance register shall be maintained at all times.
• Candidate cannot continue working or take up a new job during the 2 years.
Please include the following in your application package;
• One page motivation letter describing your academic and research background, and your plans for graduate study under the scholarship
• Three letters of recommendation
• Academic transcripts
• Copies of certificates
• Admission letter for the MSc program at LUANAR (if available)
• Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three traceable referees
Send the package to the following address;
The University Registrar,
Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural resources (LUANAR),
P.O Box 219,
Closing date is Friday, 10th February 2017
Please indicate USAID-WL-MSP on the envelope