Ekwendeni College of Nursing 2017/2018 Intake
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES IN CHAM COLLEGES FOR 2017 INTAKE
Christian Health Association of Malawi invites applications from interested candidates to enroll in the following programs to commence in April 2017.
The programs are:
1. College Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery Technician, NMT: 3-year program offered in ALL CHAM COLLEGES as listed below
Applicants must have a Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent with 5 passes with at least three (3) credits in science subjects, i.e. credits in either Physical Science or Biology plus two (2) credits from two of the following subjects, Mathematics, Agriculture, Geography and Home Economics
2. The following courses are offered at Malamulo College of Health Sciences Only.
a. Diploma in Clinical Medicine: 3-year program
b. Diploma in Biomedical Sciences: 3-year program
Entry Requirements for Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Diploma in Biomedical Sciences courses are: Applicants must have a Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent with mandatory FOUR credits in Biology, English, Mathematics and Physical Science
c. Certificate in Clinical Medicine: Tenable at Malamulo College of Health Sciences)
Entry Requirements are: Applicants must have Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent with any two credits in Biology, Mathematics, Physical Science, Geography, Home Economics and strong pass in English
Currently, the cost of training in CHAM Colleges is K960, 050. 00 per academic year, per student for all residential students. However, the fees are subject to revision. CHAM provides opportunity for non-residential students at a reduced cost. There is limited number of scholarships available through CHAM and the Government of Malawi through the Ministry of Health.
Interested candidates may submit their applications to the college of their choice through the Principal:
1. Ekwendeni College of Nursing, P.O Box 19, Ekwendeni – Mzimba .
2. St John’s College of Nursing, P.O Box 18, Mzuzu.
3. Mulanje Mission College of Nursing, P.O Box 45, Mulanje.
4. Trinity College of Nursing, P.O Box 51937, Limbe.
5. Malamulo College of Health Sciences, P.O Box 55, Makwasa.
6. St Luke’s College of Nursing, P O Box 21, Chilema.
7. Holy Family College of Nursing, P O Box 51224, Limbe.
8. Nkhoma College of Nursing, P O Box 48, Nkhoma.
9. St. Joseph’s Nursing School, P O Box 5505, Limbe.
Successful candidates are expected to work in remote rural health facilities under CHAM and the Ministry of Health.
Closing date for receiving applications is 20th January 2017.